A Pawsitively Grand Time Held at Wichita’s Magis Puppy Event
Unique design competition raises money for charity.
On May 19th, our Wichita showroom was invaded by puppies! Magis puppies, that is—and they were there to benefit a great cause: The Kansas Humane Society.
The Magis Puppy Design Challenge, co-hosted by John A. Marshall Co. and MillerKnoll, is a fun pooch-themed evening celebrating design. We invited local A+D partners, clients, and WSU Tech’s Interior Design faculty and students to create unique works of art utilizing a Magis Puppy statue. Eight teams competed for four distinct awards, determined by a panel of guest judges, as well as attendees.
Our judge's panel included
- Shasta Lockwood, Chief Development Officer – Kansas Humane Society
- Milt Mounts, Owner/Photographer – Essential Images Photography
- Bill Gardner (Owner – Gardner Design
Guests enjoyed cocktails and appetizers (some served in dog bowls) and networked while they viewed the entries and placed their votes for the winners. Attendees were also able to bid for the puppies in a silent auction.
We’d like to congratulate the evening’s winners on a job well done:
- Best in Show (Judges) - “Blue Strike” by HFG Architecture
- People’s Choice (Audience) - “Sunny” by Meritrust Federal Credit Union
- Best Use of Materials (Audience) - “Patch, not on the carpet!” by SJCF Architecture
- Most Innovative (Audience) - “Blue Strike” by HFG Architecture
We’d also like to take a moment to thank our other teams for their awesome contributions to the event, as well: GLMV Architecture, Thomas Grey Interiors, and Hutton. We couldn’t have done it without you!
During the awards ceremony, Shasta Lockwood of the Kansas Humane Society thanked attendees for the evening’s contribution to the Kansas Humane Society. Proceeds from the silent auction were matched by John A. Marshall Co., generating a total of $1,300 to help local animals.
It was definitely a night for the dogs to bark about!
Event Photography: Essential Images Photography